Achari Daal Chawal
Daal never tasted this great before! Try it out with National Mixed Pickle and treat your taste buds with the ever so delectable flavors.
- Ready 60 Mins
- Serving 2-4 People
- Potatoes (boiled and mashed) ½ kg
- Tomatoes (boiled and mashed) ½ kg
- Tamarind or Imli (soak in water and drain from colander) ½ cup
- National Mango Pickle ½ cup
- National Red Chili Powder 1 tbsp
- National Salt to taste
- National Turmeric Powder 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves 8-10
- Water as per requirement
- National Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
- Cooking Oil 1 cup
- National Cumin Seeds 2 tsp
- Whole Red Dried Chili 7-8
- Curry Leaves 10-12
- Prepare a mixture of 4-5 boiled and mashed potato and tomatoes and dissolve in ½ liter of water. Add 1 tsp of salt. Keep stirring until completely blended.
- Once blended pour it in a deep pan.
- Add two cups of water so that it is remains liquid.
- Let it simmer on medium flame
- Add 1 tbsp of National Red Chilli Powder and National Turmeric Powder along with ½ cup Tamarind juice with 3-4 green chilies and 10-15 curry leaves.
- Add 3 tbsp National Mango Pickle to the broth.
- The broth will be ready once green chilies turn soft that’s a very good indicator to check whether broth is cooked properly or not.
- Switch off the flame once the broth is ready.
- Make a baghar in a pan, heat ½ cup cooking oil in a pan and add 1 tbsp National Cumin Seeds, 10-15 curry leaves and 3-4 whole red pepper. Let it simmer on medium to high flame till chillies turn black or dark brown.
- Pour the simmering baghar over broth.
- Enjoy amazing Achari Daal with steamed rice.