- For Brine Solution
- National Vinegar : 1/2 cup
- Water : 4 cups
- National Iodized Salt : 4 tablespoons
- African Chicken Tikka Marinade
- National Tikka Boti Masala. Chicken with skin (quartered) : 6 pieces
- Garlic cloves : 8 each
- Onion : 1 medium
- Mustard Paste : 1 & 1/2 tablespoons
- Crushed Chili : 1 & 1/2 tablespoons
- National Black Pepper : 1 & 1/2 teaspoons
- National Soy Sauce : 3 tablespoons
- National Chili Sauce : 3 tablespoons
- National Vinegar : 4 tablespoons
- National Tikka Boti Masala : 3 tablespoons
- Oil : 4 tablespoons
In a large bowl, combine National Vinegar, National Iodized Salt and water. Add chicken to this brine solution and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Wash under running tap water to rinse off the salt and vinegar from the chicken. Pat dry and keep it aside.
Blend the remaining ingredients using a food processor to make a fine paste. (The paste can be stored in the refrigerator up to 2 days).
Pour the paste over the chicken pieces, massage a little, marinate for an hour in the refrigerator.
Taking off the excess paste, place the chicken pieces skin side down and grill on low flame.
To keep the chicken from burning and to ensure even cooking, rotate and turn the pieces every couple of minutes. Grill until the meat changes color, the outside is nicely caramelized and the desired charbroiled look is achieved.
Serve with grilled vegetables.