Badami Deghi Quorma
Transform your regular Quorma into a richly glazed regal dish with Nationals Quorma Mix. Serve your guest the goodness paired with hot tandoori naans to relish the royalty on their taste buds.
- Ready 20 Mins
- Serving 2-4 Person
- Chicken with bones – 12 pieces 1 kg
- National Qourma Mix ½ packet
- Crushed Coriander 1 tsp
- Cardamom 2-3
- National Vinegar 2 tbsp
- Kashmiri Mirch 4-5
- National Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Crispy Fried Onion Sliced 2 medium size
- Almonds soaked, boiled and peeled 10-12
- Kewra water 1 tsp
- Cooking Oil As per requirement
Special spice mix for Deli Qourma:
- Cardamom 4-5
- Poppy seeds 1 tbsp
- Black cumin 1 tbsp
- Almonds 10
- To cook Kashmiri Mirch soak 3 tbsp Kashmiri mirch, 1 tbsp National Ground Coriander with ½ cup of water and 3 tbsp National vinegar. Cook it on slow flame for 4-5 minutes, once water is dried, blend it or mash it and make a chutney and set aside.
- To prepare special spice mix, grind 5-6 Cardamoms, 1 tbsp Poppy seeds, 1 tbsp Black cumin and 6-7 almonds.
- To this special spice mix mixture add, ½ pack National Korma Masala, 2 tbsp National Ginger Garlic Paste, 1 cup Yogurt and ½ cup brown onion. Also add ½ cup water. Blend it in a blender. This will be the Yogurt Mix.
- In a deep pan heat Cooking Oil and lightly fry chicken, once chicken turns light golden, remove it from the pan and set aside. Add crushed cardamom to pan and sauté for few seconds.
- Add yogurt mix to the pan and let it simmer for 7-8 minutes, continue stirring until oil separates.
- Once oil is separated add in 2 tbsp of Kashmiri Mirch Mix, 2 tbsp Special Spice mix to Chicken Qourma and stir well. Add two cups of lukewarm water here and lower the heat, stir well and let Qourma simmer for good 10—12 minutes. Once you see Cooking Oil is separated from Masala, degi Ourma is ready to be relished.
- In end if you want to then add a tsp of kewra water and let it simmer for another 1 minutes. Sprinkle some peeled sliced almonds on top and serve with either Roti or Naan.