Drench yourself in the deliciousness of Baingan Bhujani. This mouthwatering recipe brings out the spicy, tangy flavors of Eggplants and Bottle gourds (lauki) with a slight hint of sweetness. With all glory to National Imli Sauce and National Chaat Masala.
- Ready 30 Mins
- Serving 2-4 People
- Bottle Gourd/Loki (Peeled and sliced) 1–2
- Long Eggplants (Washed and sliced) 2-3
- National Salt ½ tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- National Corn Flour 1 tsp
- Yogurt ½ kg
- Milk 1 cup
- Crushed Red Chilies 1 tsp
- National Chaat Masala 1 tsp
- National Imli Sauce 4-6 tbsp
- Curry Leaves 7-8
- Whole Red Chilies 4-5
- National Cumin Seeds 1 tbsp
- Cooking Oil ½ cup
- Mix ½ kg yogurt, 1 cup milk, 1 tsp National Corn Flour, and 1 tsp sugar. Whisk well and set aside or refrigerate it for at least half an hour before serving.
- Soak sliced eggplant (before washing) in fresh water with turmeric and let it rest for half an hour.
- Rinse properly with running fresh water. This process takes away the sourness of the eggplant.
- Wash and slice 1 bottle gourd and set aside.
- Heat 1 cup cooking oil in a pan and fry eggplant and bottle gourd one after the other till they turn light golden brown.
- Place fried eggplants and bottle gourd on the yogurt casserole.
- Season with 3-4 tbsp National Imli Sauce and sprinkle National Chaat Masala and crushed red chilies.
- On the side, heat ½ cup cooking oil in a pan and add 6-8 whole red peppers, 10-15 curry leaves and 1 tbsp National Cumin Seeds, till baghar is golden brown. Pour tadka on yogurt and serve.