- Mutton Leg (whole) : 2 kg
- National Iodized Salt : 4 tablespoons
- National Tikka Boti Masala : 1 Packet
- Garlic Cloves : 4-5
- National Ginger & Garlic Paste : 2 tablespoons each
- National Vinegar : 2 tablespoons
- National Chinese Chili Sauce : 3 tablespoons
- Yogurt : half cup
- Tamarind Pulp (Imli) : 3-4 tablespoons
- Papaya Paste : 4 tablespoons
- Egg (beaten) : 1
- Zarda / Orange Food Color : quarter teaspoon (optional)
- National Garam Masala : 1 teaspoon
- Oil : half cup
Make small cuts on the leg. Thoroughly rub with National Iodized Salt and keep it in a strainer. Rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, placing a tray underneath for the drippings.
Wash off the salt from mutton-leg by running it under flowing tap water. Pat dry with a kitchen towel.
Push the garlic cloves in the insertions made earlier on the meat.
Make a paste by combining all the ingredients; rub all over the mutton-leg and marinate for 4-5 hours in the refrigerator.
Place the mutton leg in a pot. Use a thick-bottomed pan or place a tawa underneath the pot. Cover with a tight lid and seal the edges using the roti dough.
Cook on a low heat for about 2-3 hours.
Place the meat carefully on a serving dish. It is best enjoyed as it is or with saffron pulao made with National Pulao Masala and a pinch of saffron.