Bombay Style Nasi Goreng
Nasi Goreng is the popular Indonesian fried rice which is traditionally served with a fried egg. It’s fragrantly spiced and simple to make. You won’t need to hunt down any unusual ingredients because you have National Bombay Biryani Masala to help you.
- Ready 40 Mins
- Serving 2-4 People
- Boiled Basmati Rice 2 cups
- National Bombay Biryani Mix ½ packet
- Fish Sauce 2 tbsp
- Cooking Oil ¼ cup
- National Salt 1 tbsp
- Jumbo Prawns ½ kg
- Chopped Onion 2 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Chopped 1 tbsp
- Sambal Oelek Paste 2 tbsp
- Chopped Carrot ½ cup
- Chopped Cabbage ½ cup
- National Soy Sauce 2 tbsp
- Brown Sugar 2 tsp
- Chopped Spring Onion ½ cup
- Fried Eggs 2 For serving
- Put rice in a medium saucepan and add 520 ml water. Quickly bring to boil, stir once, and cover with an airtight lid.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 mins. Uncover, fluff up with a fork, and spread over a tray. Set aside to cool.
- Heat oil in a wok until almost sizzling. Add chopped prawns and stir-fry for 1 min.
- Tip in the shallots, garlic, National Bombay Biryani Mix, 1 tsp Sambal Oelek sauce, ½ cup carrots, ½ cup chopped cabbage, ½ tsp National Salt and stir-fry for a 2 more mins until the carrot is just tender.
- Add 1 tsp National Soya Sauce, 1tsp brown sugar, 1 tsp fish sauce and stir-fry for 1 more minute. Add cooked rice and stir-fry over high heat for 2 mins.
- Add spring onions in the end.
- Set out in a dish. Top with fried eggs and garnish with some Sambal Oelek and green onions.