- Oil : 1 cup
- Chicken : 1 & 1/2 kg
- National Ginger Paste : 1 teaspoon
- National Garlic Paste : 1 teaspoon
- National Chapli Kabab Masala : 2 tablespoons
- Green Masala Paste as shown below
- Ginger (julienne) for garnish
- Cottage Cheese (cubes) : 1/2 cup
- National Iodized Salt : to taste
- For Green Masala
- Spinach : 500 gm
- Green Chili : 10-12 pods
- Fresh Coriander : 1 cup
- Yogurt : 1 cup
For Green Masala
Wash and blanch the spinach. Strain well to get rid of any moisture. In an electric blender, combine the spinach with the yogurt, green chilies and coriander, to make a smooth paste.
Heat the oil in a sauce pan and sear the chicken on high heat till it is light brown in colour.
Turn the heat low and add National Ginger Paste, National Garlic Paste and National Chapli Kabab Masala. Cook for a few minutes.
Add the green masala paste. Cover with a lid and cook for around 15 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the gravy starts to thicken. To this add cottage cheese, National Iodized Salt (if required) and do bhunai for few minutes.
Turn the heat low and simmer for another 2 minutes till the roghan (oil) comes on top.
Garnish with fine julienne cut fresh ginger and enjoy!