Chicken Jalfrezi with Zucchini
Chicken Jalfrezi is a mildly hot chicken curry richly flavored with capsicum and onions. A Chinese recipe becomes more exciting with National Chicken Jalfrezi Mix. By adding Zucchini, we add another dimension to its flavor.
- Ready 15 Mins
- Serving 2-4 People
- Chicken Boneless 1 kg
- Tomato Paste 1 cup
- Yogurt ½ cup
- Chopped Onion 1 medium
- National Ginger Garlic Paste 2 tbsp
- Ginger Julian 1 large
- National Jalfrezi Mix ½ packet
- Green Peppers – (Cubes cut without Seeds) 4-5
- Zucchini (Sliced) 2 large
- National Red Chili Powder 1 tsp
- National Cumin Seeds (Toasted) 1 tbsp
- Ground Coriander 1 tbsp
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice 1
- Green Chilies (finely chopped) 4-6
- Fresh coriander (finely chopped) ½ bunch
- Cooking Oil 1 cup
- Marinate chicken pieces with ½ pack National Jalfrezi Mix with ½ cup yogurt, 1 tbsp of National Red Chili powder with lemon juice and let it rest for ½ an hour.
- Heat 1 cup Cooking Oil in a pan, add 1 medium chopped onion and add 1 tbsp National Ginger Garlic Paste and lightly sauté till light brown, now add marinated chicken and keep stirring with wooden spoon till chicken turns slightly tender, the process should not take you more than 5-6 minutes.
- Add 1 cup tomato paste and keep stirring.
- Add 1 tsp of cumin seeds and National Coriander Powder and mix well.
- In the end, add green peppers and zucchini, they should be added in the end because they should remain crunchy.
- Top the dish up with Julian ginger, chopped chilies, toasted cumin, crushed coriander.
- Just before serving and a blob of butter, chopped green chilies, chopped fresh coriander and some lemon juice for the aroma and serve hot.