Chicken pieces, tossed in warm Middle Eastern spices, then baked until perfectly tender. Serve with pita bread with your favorite salads and National sauces! A tremendous treat for the whole family, without a doubt.
- Ready 25 Mins
- Serving 2-4 People
- National Cumin Powder 1 tsp
- National Turmeric Powder 1tsp
- National Coriander Powder 1 tsp
- National Garlic Powder 1 tsp
- Paprika 1 tbsp
- Ground Cloves 1/2 tsp
- Cayenne Pepper 1 tsp
- National Salt 1 tsp heaped
- Chicken Thighs – Boneless and Skinless 4 pcs
- Large Onion – Thinly Sliced 1
- Large Lemon- Juiced 1
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1/3 cup
- Khubbus 4
- French Fries – frozen 2 cups
- Pickled Beetroots 2 tbsp
- Pickled Jalapeños 2 tbsp
- Iceberg Lettuce Cut 4 tbsp
- Pickles or Kalmata Olives to serve
For Tahini Sauce:
- Tahini Paste 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice 2 tbsp
- National Classic Mayo 2 tbsp
- National Salt 1/2 tsp
For Mayo Sauce:
- National Classic Mayo 4 tbsp
- Greek Yogurt 4 tbsp
- Lemon Juice 4 tbsp
- Garlic Freshly Minced 2 tbsp
- Garlic Powder 1 tsp
- Take 4 pieces of Boneless Chicken and season it with National Salt, on all sides.
- To make Spicy Shawarma mixture, in a small bowl, mix 1 tsp each of National Cumin Powder, National Turmeric Powder, National Coriander Powder, National Garlic Powder, Sweet Paprika and Garlic Cloves; set this mixture aside.
- Marinate the chicken with the Spicy Shawarma mixture. Add the onions, lemon juice and olive oil. Toss everything together again. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight (if you’re short on time, you can cut or skip marinating time) and refrigerate it for 3 hours.
- To prepare Tahini sauce, combine 2 tbsp each of Tahini Paste, Lemon Juice, National Classic Mayo with ½ tsp National Salt. Mix it well.
- For Mayo Sauce, combine 4 tbsp each of National Classic Mayo, yogurt, lemon juice and with 2 tbsp of minced Garlic and 1 tsp National Garlic Powder. Blend it well.
- Take the chicken out of the fridge and let it sit in room temperature for a few minutes.
- When ready, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spread the marinated chicken with the onions in one layer on a large lightly-oiled baking sheet pan. Roast for 30 minutes in the 425 degrees F heated-oven. Remove from the oven.
- While the chicken is roasting, roast and cut the Khubbus.
- Thinly slice the chicken into small bite-sized pieces.
- To serve, open pita pockets up. Spread a little tahini sauce or mayo sauce and add chicken shawarma, arugula, pickles and olives.