Kung Pao Chicken
A spicy, stir-fried Chinese dish made with chicken, vegetables and chilli peppers covered with Kung Pao sauce. This easy homemade recipe is healthy, low in calories and supremely rich in flavors all thanks to National Chinese Sauces.
- Ready 20 Mins
- Serving 2-4 Persons
- Chicken Boneless 1 kg
- National Soya Sauce 2 tbsp
- National Vinegar 2 tbsp
- National Corn Flour 1 tbsp
- Chicken Stock 1 cup
- Hoisin Sauce 2 tbsp
- Sugar 2 tbsp
- National Ginger Garlic Paste 2 tbsp
- Green Pepper (cube cuts- deseeded) 2
- Red Bell Pepper (cube cuts – deseeded) 2
- Spring Green Onion (finely chopped) 1 bunch
- Salted Roasted Peanuts 1 cup
- Sesame Seed Oil 2 tbsp
- Kashmiri Chilies (dried cut into fine slices) 3-4
- Cooking Oil 1 cup
- Marinate Chicken with 1 tbsp National vinegar, 1 tbsp National Soya Sauce, National Salt and National Black Pepper to taste and 1 tbsp National Corn Flour for ½ hour in the refrigerator and set aside.
- On the side heat Cooking Oil in a wok add in National Ginger Garlic Paste and let it sizzle for a while. Add in 1 cup chicken stock, 2 tbsp of National Soya Sauce, 2 tbsp Hoisin sauce, 1 tbsp sugar and cook well for a minute or so, season it with National Salt and National Black Pepper and switch off the flame.
- On the side heat 4 tbsp Cooking oil, add in 1 tbsp National Ginger Garlic Paste and let it sizzle, now add in marinated chicken and keep stirring for a 3-4 minutes till chicken turns slightly white.
- Now add in prepared sauce to the chicken and keep stirring for another two minute or so.
- In the end add in bell peppers and Kashmiri sliced chilies to Kung Pao chicken.
- Top it up your dish with sesame seed oil, roasted peanuts. Serve hot with steamed rice.