Mango Crepes & Suzette
Classic Mango Crepes Suzette are bursting with a sweet mango flavor, topped with a delicious Mango Sauce, prepared only with National Mango Jam and National Mango Custard. Immensely gratifying to start your day with!
- Ready 40 Mins
- Serving 2-4 People
- Flour 1 cup
- National Mango Jam 3 tbsp
- Mango Essence ½ tsp
- Sugar 3 tsp
- Whole Milk 1 ½ cup
- Large Eggs 4
- Salted Butter 4 tbsp
For Mango Sauce:
- National Mango Jam 200 gm
- Mango Juice 1 glass
- Salted Butter 2 tbsp
- Mango Chunks 3 tbsp
For Mango Custard:
- National Mango Custard 1 tbsp
- Sugar 5 tbsp
- Milk 1 glass
- Cream ½ packet
- Mango/ Orange Chunks to garnish
- To make the Mango Crepes, blend 2 tbsp of National Mango Jam, ½ tsp of Mango Essence, 3 tbsp sugar, 1 cup Whole milk, 4 eggs together, 3 tbsp of salted butter. Puree until the mixture is smooth and bubbles form on the top, for about 30 seconds.
- Let batter sit at least 15 minutes at room temperature. Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium. And lightly coat with butter.
- Add 1/4 cup of the Crepes batter and swirl to completely cover bottom of skillet. Cook until underside of crepe is golden brown for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Loosen edge of crepe with a rubber spatula then with your fingertips, quickly flip. Cook 1 minute more. Slide crepe out of skillet and repeat with remaining batter.
- For Mango Sauce, whisk together 4 tbsp of National Mango Jam, 1 glass Mango Juice, 3 tbsp salted butter, 1 tbsp Mango chunks. Stir all the ingredients in a sauce pan and put it on flame. Cook it for 5-6 minutes until it becomes thick syrup. Turn off the flame.
- For Mango Custard, whisk in 5 tbsp of sugar in 1 glass boiling milk. In another bowl dissolve in 1tbsp of mango custard in 2tbsp of milk and add it to this mixture with low flame on. Keep stirring until it becomes thick and smooth.
- For the assembling, make each crepe and pour 2 tbsp mango custard on each, fold in four ways and make a stack of 8-12 crepes. Drizzle over the mango sauce and garnish with mint leaves, cream and mango/orange.