- Mutton : 1 kg
- Lemons : 4, sliced
- Potatoes : 1/2 kg
- Green Chilies : 4, finely chopped
- Oil : 1 cup
- Tomatoes : 1/2 kg
- Fried Onions : 250 grams
- Milk : 1 cup
- Yellow Food Coloring : 1 pinch
- Ginger Garlic Paste : 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Yogurt : 1 cup
- Fresh Mint : 1 bunch, finely chopped
- Rice : 2 1/2 cups, boiled
- National Bombay Biryani Masala : 1 packet (50 grams)
Start with a large pot. Mix in oil, mutton, ginger garlic paste, fried onions, National Bombay Biryani Masala, and 1 glass of water.
Cover and cook on low heat for half an hour.
Stir in the tomatoes, yogurt and potatoes, and cook until the potatoes are tender, the excess liquid has evaporated, and the oil has risen to the top.
Add the finely chopped mint, lemon slices, and finely chopped green chilies.
Top with boiled rice and stir once or twice.
Mix the yellow food coloring in milk, drizzle through the rice and let everything steam for 20 minutes.