- Mutton Chops (pounded) : 1 1/2 -2 kg
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain) : 1 teaspoon
- National Cumin Seeds : 1 teaspoon
- Black Peppercorn : 6
- National Seekh Kabab Masala : 1 packet
- Yogurt : 1 cup
- Katchri Powder : 1 teaspoon
- Oil : 2 tablespoons
- National Ginger & Garlic Paste : 1 tablespoon each
Pound the mutton chops flat and keep aside.
In a dry pan roast; carom seeds, National Cumin Seeds, and black peppercorns. Crush the roasted spices in a mortar and pestle (hammam dasta).
In a large mixing bowl combine the crushed spices with National Seekh Kabab Masala and all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Now gently coat each chop with the marinade and let them marinate for 1 hour.
Preferably barbecue over a charcoal grill for 3-4 minutes on each side on medium heat; basting with a the remaining marinade.
Can also be shallow-fried in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side on a medium heat.