Nepali Daal Bhat
Daal Bhat is the ultimate vegetarian Nepalese dish. Enjoy Nepali cuisine at its best following our exclusive recipe consisting of rice, lentils & National essentials.
- Ready 60 Mins
- Serving 2-4 People
- Masoor Daal 100 gms
- National Mixed Pickle 1 cup
- National Salt 1 tsp heaped
- National Red Chili Powder 1 tsp
- National Turmeric Powder ½ tsp
- Curry Leaves 8-10
- Red Dried Chili Balls 4-5
- Cumin 1 tbsp
- Fresh Coriander – chopped 4 tbsp
- Garlic Cloves – sliced 1 tbsp
- Onion ½ slice
- Rice – boiled 2 cups
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Desi Ghee ¼ cup
- Spinach 200 gms
- Cumin Seeds 1 tsp
- Desi Ghee 2 tbsps
- National Achar Mix – to serve ½ cup
- Daal Pappar 2
- Firstly, soak Masoor Daal in water for 2 hours. Now add half liter water in it along with 1 tbsp National Red Chili Powder and 1tsp National Turmeric Powder and cook it for at least 20 minutes on low flame. Now add National Salt and cook it for another 20 minutes. If it remains grainy, blend half of it to get a perfect smooth liquid consistency. Turn off the flame and add 1 cup of National Mixed Achaar in it.
- In a frying pan, heat up desi ghee and add onions in it to get them golden brown, now add 1 tsp chopped garlic slices, 4-5 red chili balls and cook them until both are perfectly aromatic. Add ½ bunch karree patta and 1 tsp National Cumin Seed and right when it starts sizzling, add in into the Daal and serve it with the other condiments of thali.
- Rice in a bowl, yogurt in another, with some National Mixed Pickle and daal pappar along.