- Black Lentils (Kali Masoor Daal) : 250 gms
- Oil : 2 tablespoons
- National Ginger & Garlic Paste : 1 teaspoon
- National Cumin Seeds : 1 teaspoon
- National Turmeric Powder : 1/4 teaspoon
- National Coriander Powder : 1 tablespoon
- National Chili Powder : 1 teaspoon
- Tomato Puree : 1 & 1/2 cup
- National Iodized Salt : to taste
- National Kasturi Methi : 1/2 teaspoon
- National Ketchup : 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Cream : 1/2 cup
- Butter : 4 tablespoons
Soak the Black Lentils for 30 minutes; boil in about 4 cups of water till soft and tender. Save the boiling liquid and keep aside.
In a sauce pan add oil, National Ginger Paste, National Garlic Paste, National Cumin Seeds, National Turmeric Powder, National Coriander Powder, National Chili Powder, and tomato puree. Cook on medium heat till it thickens.
To the thickened mixture, add the boiled black lentils with all their cooking liquid and cook on a low heat for 40-50 minutes with the lid on; stirring every few minutes to avoid burning.
Now add National Iodized Salt, National Kasturi Methi, fresh cream, National Tomato Ketchup, and butter; mix well and cook for a few minutes.