- Chicken : 1.5 Kg
- Ghee : 5 tablespoons
- Tomato (whole) : 2-3 medium
- National Iodized Salt : 1 teaspoon, or to taste
- National White Karahi Masala : 1 tablespoon
- Ginger (julienne) : 2 tablespoons (optional)
- Green Chili (whole) : 4 (optional)
In a wok put chicken pieces, ghee, tomatoes, National Iodized Salt, National White Karahi Masala, and 1 cup of water; bring to a full boil.
When tomatoes soften, peel the skin by using two forks and mash them.
Cover and cook for 15 minutes on a low heat till the chicken is tender and water almost dries up.
Now do bhunai for a few minutes till the ghee separates.
Garnish if desired with fresh ginger and green chili.