- Bread Slices : 2 medium
- Glazed Cherries canned (chopped) : 6-7 cherries
- Milk : 500 ml
- Sugar : 10 tablespoons
- National Vanilla Custard : 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom Powder : a pinch
- Kewara Essence (Pandan / Screw-Pine Essence) : 1/2 teaspoon
- Almonds/Pistachios (chopped) : 2 tablespoons
Cut the edges off bread slices. Using a food processor, make fine crumbs; keep aside.
Quarter the glazed cherries and keep aside.
In a sauce pan bring milk to a full boil.
Add sugar and cook on low heat till the time it dissolves.
Mix National Vanilla Custard with 3 tablespoons of water; add this to the milk, stir/hand-whisk continuously to avoid any lumps. Bring it to a full boil.
Turn the heat off; add cardamom powder and kewara essence.
Transfer the milk mixture into a bowl and allow it to cool down.
Add bread crumbs, chopped cherries and nuts to the mixture and mix.
Fill it in ice-lolly molds (or any deep square/rectangular container) and freeze it for 24 hours or until set solid.
Enjoy great homemade Shahi Tuti-Fruti Kulfi as it is or serve with falooda noodles.