Spicy Fish & Chips
British Fish & Chips are a national treasure and there’s no denying their popularity. It’s made up of fish that is battered with National Fish Mix, fried and then served alongside thick fries.
- Ready 25 Mins
- Serving 2-4 People
- National Fish Masala ½ packet
- Red Snapper Fish 500 gms (2 giant pieces)
- Lemon Juice 2 medium sized lemons
- Cooking Oil to deep fry
- Flour 1 cup
- Soda Water – chilled ½ can
- Tempura Batter 1 cup
- National Garlic Powder 1 tsp
- Onion Powder 1 tsp
- National Salt ½ tsp
- Frozen Chunky Fries 2 servings
- National Fish Masala – to sprinkle on the fries 1 tbsp
- Tartar sauce to serve
For Tartar sauce:
- National Classic Mayo 1 Cup
- Pickled Carrots & Baby Cucumbers – finely chopped 4 tbsp
- Pickled Capers – chopped 1 tbsp
- Dill – chopped 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice 1 tsp
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper ¼ tsp
- Fresh dill & Lemon Wedges to serve
- Pepare the Tarter Sauce, by combining 1 cup National Classic Mayo, 4 tbsp chopped Cucumbers, 4 tbsp Pickled Carrots finely chopped 4 tbsp, 1 tbsp chopped Pickled Capers, 2 tbsp chopped Dill chopped, 1 tsp Lemon Juice and ¼ tsp Freshly Ground National Black Pepper. Mix well and set aside to be served with Fish and Chips later.
- Marinate the fish in 1 tbsp lemon juice and ½ pack National Fish Masala. Set aside for an hour.
- Make a batter by mixing 1cup tempura flour with salt, 1 tbsp National Garlic Powder, 1 tbsp onion powder and 1 glass soda water. Make a consistency just thick enough to cover the fish.
- Now coat the fish in flour, then in the tempura batter and deep fry it for about 8-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. Take it out, serve it with tartar sauce and French fries with some fish masala on the top.