Mesmerize your taste buds with the succulent traditional recipe of Mandi, prepared with well-seasoned and aromatic blends of National Bombay Biryani Mix.
- Ready 60 Mins
- Serving 2-4 People
For Mandi Chicken:
- Chicken with Skin Whole – Cut into Quarters
- Koila 1
- Lemon Juice 6 tbsp
- National Salt 1 tbsp heaped
- National Garam Masala Powder 1 tbsp
- National Pepper Powder 1 tbsp
- National Cumin Powder 5 tbsp
- National Bombay Biryani Mix 3 tbsp
- Yogurt 6 tbsp
- Zaafran Essence 1 dash
- Almonds – roasted in desi ghee 20 gm
- Long Grain Basmati Rice – soaked for 30 minutes 1 cup
- Chicken Stock (recipe is given) 2 cups
- National Bombay Biryani Mix 4 tbsp
- Ghee 3 tbsp
- Black Cumin Seed 1 tsp
For Chicken Stock:
- Chicken Neck Pieces 100 gm
- Water 1 liter
- Onion – cut into 2 1
- Garlic Cloves 4-5
- Ginger Pieces 20 gm
- Cloves 4
- Fennel Seeds 1 tbsp
- Coriander Seeds 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper Corns 1 tsp
For Mandi Sauce:
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Green Chilies – chopped 2
- Garlic Cloves 2-3
- National Salt 1 tsp
- Coriander – chopped 2 tbsp
- Mint – chopped 2 tbsp
- Tomatoes – blanched and skinless 3
- Mint Leaves 2 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves 2 tbsp
- Garlic Cloves 2 big
- National Salt 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice 2 tbsp
- Green Chili 1
- National Cumin Powder 1 tsp
- National Cumin Seed – roasted and grinded 1 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken thoroughly mixing ½ cup Lemon juice, 1 tbsp National Salt, 1 tbsp National Garam Masala Powder, 1 tbsp National Black Pepper Powder, 1.5 tbsp roasted cumin, 3 tbsp National Biryani Masala1/2 cup yoghurt, and 1 tbsp Zaafran Essence.
- Marinate the chicken in all the spices, with the skin on and poke on holes in the meat, so that every piece of meat gets marinated well. Keep it overnight.
- After a day, steam the chicken in 1 litre of water, cooking for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour 2 tbsp of Ghee on the Chicken while it steams, and pan fry it to get the skin crispy. Give it a coal smoke to make it tastier; steaming it for another 15-20 minutes.
- For the stock, simmer 100 gm of chicken pieces along with following ingredients: 1 onion, 4-5 garlic cloves, 1 tsp cloves, 1 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp fennel seeds, 1 tsp black pepper corns and 20 gm of ginger pieces. Stir well and add 3 tbsp of Ghee and 1 tsp of black cumin with 2 tbsp of National Biryani Mix, on low flame for 2 hours, and strain it to get a clear stock.
- While the stock starts boiling, add 1 kg rice in it and cook it on medium flame. When the water is almost absorbed in the rice, cook it on steam. Dish it out with grilled chicken, zaafran essence on top and some roasted almonds.
- For Mandi Sauce 1: Blend, 1 cup Yogurt, 2 chopped green chillies, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tsp National Salt, 1 bunch of chopped mint, ½ bunch of chopped coriander.
- For Mandi Sauce 2 (Tomato Sauce) : Blend 3 blanched tomatoes, 2 tbsp mint leaves, 2 tbsp coriander leaves, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tsp National Salt, 2 tbsp Lemon Juice, 1 green chilli, 1 tsp National Cumin Powder and 1 tbsp Roasted Cumin.
- Serve the Chicken, on the bed of rice, with spicy mandi sauces to relish with on the side.