Tandoori Mac & Cheese
Take your everyday macaroni experience up a notch with this easy recipe. Give a smokey flavor to your favorite Mac and Cheese by using National Chicken Tandoori Masala.
- Ready 20 Mins
- Serving 2-4 Person
- Chicken Boneless – cut into small pieces ½ kg
- National Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
- National Tandoori Masala ½ packet
- Macaroni 500 grams
- White Flour 2 tbsp
- National Salt to taste
- National Black Pepper to taste
- Milk ½ liter or as per requirement
- Oregano – optional 1 tsp
- Paprika 1 tsp
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Mushrooms (sliced) 1 large cup
- Grated Cheese Mozzarella 1 cups
- Grated Cheddar Cheese 1 cups
- Cooking Oil 2 tbsp
- Heat 1 cup Cooking Oil in a wok, add in National Ginger Garlic Paste and let it sizzle for a while, add in chicken boneless. Season it with ½ pack National Tandoori Masala and keep stirring until it’s cooked, the procedure could take about a good 5-6 minutes. Once ready set it aside.
- To make white sauce / Béchamel sauce – heat 2 tbsp Butter in a pan, stir well and add 2 tbsp white flour. Keep stirring, remove from the stove and add about 2 cups milk and keep stirring till white flour is fully dissolved. Season it with National Salt and Pepper, sprinkle it with oregano (optional) and stir well. Add in ½ cup of shredded mozzarella and ½ cup grated cheddar cheese and keep stirring. Cook it for another minute or so until white sauce is ready. In case you find it too thick, add in more milk.
- In this sauce, now add boiled macaroni and stir well. Add 1 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms, stirring in for a minute or so.
- Add in Tandoori chicken in white sauce and stir well.
- Preheat oven to oven 250 centigrade.
- Grease baking casserole with oil
- Pour Tandoori Mac and Cheese in the baking casserole
- Add ½ cup each of shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top. Spread it well with the help of spatula.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp Tandoori mix – you can take it from available sachet with some paprika on top.
- Bake Tandoori Mac and Cheese for 5-7 minutes in preheated oven, until cheese turns light brown and crusty around the edges.
- Delicious Tandoori Mac and Cheese is ready to be relished. Ensure casserole is rested in a switched off oven for at least 5 minutes because it can be very hot when you take it out of the oven immediately.
For boil Macaroni:
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain and return macaroni to pot.