Thai Open Sandwich
Open your mouth wide, for the mouthwatering open Thai sandwich. A delicious treat with a delightful hint of Thai flavors prepared using National Classic Mayo.
- Ready 30 Mins
- Serving 2-4 People
- French Bread Loaf 1
- Garlic – Chopped 2 tbsp
- Butter – Melted 4 tbsp
- National Garlic Powder 1 tsp
- Chicken Boneless Fillets 250 gm
- National Salt 1 tsp
- Black Pepper – Freshly Crushed 1 tsp
- Carrots – Julienned 1/2 cup
- Iceberg lettuce – Julienned 1/2 cup
- Capsicum (Red, Yellow and Green) – Julienned 1/2 cup in total
- Fresh Cilantro leaves 8-10
- Salad Leaves 6-7
For Thai Sauce:
- National Classic Mayo 3 tbsp
- National Salt 1 tsp
- Garlic Cloves 2
- Small Red Chili – Roughly Chopped 1
- Galangal Paste 1 tsp
- Fish Sauce 1 tbsp
- Lime – Juiced with Grated Zest 2
- Brown Sugar 1 tbsp
- Peanut Oil 1 tbsp
- National Soy Sauce 1 tbsp
- Kaffir Lime Leaves 3
- Roasted Peanut Powder 1 tbsp
- Kaffir Lime Leaves to serve
- Thai Chilies to serve
- Lime or Lemon to serve
- To make the Thai Sauce, blend 2 tbsp. National Classic Mayo, 1 tsp National Salt, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tbsp chooped Red chillies, 1 tsp Galangal Paste, and 1 tbsp Fish Sauce, 1 tsp grated zest, 1 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp peanut oil and 1 tbsp National Soy Sauce, 3-4 Kaffir Lime Leaves, 1 tbsp Peanut Powder in a blender until very smooth and creamy.
- Meanwhile, chop the vegetable in a julienne cut.
- Marinate 250gm of Chicken Fillets in 1 tsp National Salt, 1 tsp National Black Pepper Powder and 1 tbsp of the prepared Thai sauce; pan fry it in 1 Cup Cooking Oil until cooked.
- Slice the chicken into thin pieces and toss it with ½ cup each of Julienne carrots, Iceberg Lettuce, and Capsicum. Add 1 tbsp of Prepared Thai Sauce to this and mix well.
- For the bread, cut French bread into slant just like garlic bread. Now mix 1 tsp each of butter, chopped garlic and National Garlic Powder and brush it on both the sides of the garlic bread and toast on low flame on pan till it becomes crispy.
- Spread 1 tbsp Thai sauce on each slice, place a salad leaf on top and add chicken and vegetables filling on it.
- Serve with kaffir lime leaves, Thai chili and lemon on top.