Tiramisu Poke Cake
The Tiramisu Poke Cake features National Vanilla Custard, accentuated with strong espresso flavors to give a bittersweet coffee-custardy treat to your taste buds.
- Ready 60 Mins
- Serving 6-8 People
- Cooking Spray for pan
- Flour 1 cup
- Eggs 3
- Liquid Coffee 3 tbsp
- National Vanilla Custard Powder 5 tbsp
- Milk 3 cups
- Instant Coffee 2 tbsp
- Cream 2 cups
- Sugar 8 tbsp
- Pure Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
- National Salt 1 pinch
- Cocoa Powder ½
- Chocolate Shavings 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 350º and grease and flour a 9″-x-13″ cake pan.
- To prepare plain yellow cake, add 1 cup flour, whisk in 3 eggs, 3 tbsp liquid coffee, and 3 tbsp water. Whisk it together to make the batter. Pour into the prepared pan with flour dusted on the base.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together 1 tbsp National Vanilla Custard Powder and 4 tbsp of milk, and cook until thick. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, add 1 cup coffee flavored milk and 3 tbsp sugar, whisk well and add 2 tbsp vanilla extract. Add further more 3 tbsp espresso coffee and whisk. Add the vanilla custard mix to this and keep stirring.
- In another large bowl, beat cream, sugar, vanilla extract and a pinch of National Salt until stiff peak forms. Set aside.
- Using the bottom of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the cake. Spread custard mixture on top, making sure to fill poke holes. Top with whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings and serve.