Vanilla Custard Cake
Dive into the magical, moist and smooth blend of Vanilla Custard Cake made with National Vanilla Custard. Certainly, you won’t stop after the first bite.
- Ready 60 Mins
- Serving 6-8 People
- All-Purpose Flour 1 cup
- Baking Powder 1 ½ tsp
- National Salt 1/4 tsp
- Large Eggs – Separated 5
- Granulated Sugar- Divided 1 cup
- Whole Milk 1/3 cup
- National Vanilla Custard Powder 2 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
- Evaporated Milk 12 ounce can
- Sweetened Condensed Milk 14 ounce can
- Whole Milk 1/4 cup
For the Whipped Topping:
- Heavy Whipping Cream – for Whipping 1 pint
- Granulated Sugar or Powdered Sugar 3 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon for topping
- Vanilla Pods to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9×13” pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl combine 1 cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder, and ¼ tsp National Salt in a large bowl and whisk to mix the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine 5 eggs yolks. Add 1 cup sugar and mix on high speed until yolks are pale yellow. Add 1/2 cup milk and 1 tsp vanilla extract and whisk well.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture over the flour mixture and stir gently just until combined (don’t over-mix).
- In a separate bowl, beat 3 egg whites on high speed. Gradually add 1/4 cup of granulated sugar as you mix and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into the batter gently, just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan. Make sure to smooth it into an even layer so your baked cake doesn’t have clumps in it.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow cake to cool completely.
- Prepare Vanilla Custard Mixture by combining 2 tbsp National Vanilla Custard Powder and ¼ cup milk.
- Heat 1 cup of milk and add the Vanilla Custard Mixture to it. Cook it on low flame for 10 minutes. Cool it.
- Now, Combine this mixture with 1 cup sweetened condensed milk, in a small bowl.
- Once the cake has cooled use a fork to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Slowly pour the condensed milk and vanilla cake mixture over the top of the cake, making sure to pour near the edges and all around.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 1 hour or overnight, to allow it to soak up the milk.
- In the meantime, whip the heavy cream, 1 tbsp granulated sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Smooth over the top of the cake.
- Serve with vanilla pods.