Strawberry Cheese French Toast
A delicious French toast recipe, with the perfect hint of Cream Cheese savory-ness, oozing with the berry-sweetness of National Strawberry Jam!
- Ready 25 Mins
- Serving 2-4 People
- Eggs 2
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Granulated Sugar 1/2 tsp
- Cream Cheese 8 ounces
- French Bread 1 large into 6 pieces
- National Strawberry Jam 4 tbsp
- Red Food Color 2-3 drops
- Fresh Strawberries – Sliced 1 cup
- Butter for cooking
- Maple Syrup to serve
- Strawberry Syrup for serving
For Strawberry Syrup:
- Sliced Strawberries 3 cups
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup
- Lemon – Zest and Juiced 1
Preparation of Toasts:
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 eggs, 3 tbsp milk, and 1 tbsp granulated sugar.
- Dip the French bread slices in it one by one and keep soaking them for twenty seconds each.
- Cook these slices on slow heat with butter and just two drops of oil for each slice until golden brown from each side.
Preparation of Strawberry Syrup:
- In a medium saucepan, combine 3 cups of sliced strawberries, 1 cup of granulated sugar, 1 tsp zest and 2 tbsp lemon juice. Lower the heat and simmer until the strawberries are soft and the syrup is thickened and reduced by 1/3 to 1/2 in volume, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature before serving.
- To serve the toast, spread 1 tbsp National Strawberry Jam, 1 tbsp Cream Cheese and 1 tbsp Strawberry Syrup. Sandwich between another French toast, garnish with leftover strawberries on top.